What we do for our clients is entirely bespoke. No two client needs are the same, no two hires are the same, therefore no two approaches can be the same.
The very first step is understanding you and your goals so that you can get maximum value from your relationship with us.
As a business grows, the ability to manage people-related matters becomes more time-consuming and demands further attention and specialised skills. Growth typically brings with it new workplace requirements, such as clear standard policies and procedures, performance management, recruitment and selection, as well as the need to facilitate interpersonal issues that can arise as you build your team.
We have four pillars to our approach that have proven consistently effective in attracting desired candidates to client roles:
Once we understand the specific credentials you want in the preferred candidate(s), we determine a target profile that encompasses a wide range of professional and personal criteria; elements we know will add up to the perfect fit.
Using our target profile, we utilise long-established global networks and employ substantive research to identify and locate the right candidates, wherever they may be, and make initial contact.
Every conversation must start out on the strongest possible footing so, before we speak to any candidate, we take time and care to understand who they are and ensure we are aligned with their personal values.
When trying to lure any successful professional away to a new role there is typically one shot at presenting the pitch. Timing and precision are everything so we take exceptional care in making sure your proposition to them is as attractive, and persuasive, as it can be. This is very different from one person to the next so the time taken to understand and build rapport with a candidate really pays off at this point.
It all comes down to the end result; does the candidate want to join your enterprise? We are extremely effective at getting you the outcome you want even if the proposition may, on the face of it, not seem attractive enough to lure the candidate away. Presenting a winning case is our skill and getting to “yes” something we strategically engineer on the basis of truth.
Finding and hiring one exceptional candidate is a highly skilled task. On occasion, our clients require rapid growth in a targeted territory and retain Altium to identify a Design Centre Director and the first 10-20 technical specialists who can become the establishing team.
In the last few years this has included setting embedded software centres of expertise and end-to-end semiconductor design centres in the US, Italy, France, India and the UK. We are adept at bringing together great people in a way that is both aligned with your brand culture and that harnesses the best of those individuals through shared goals and values.
Altium are able to offer a bespoke approach which can cover the following:
- Technical screening of target individuals (at all locations)
- Determining the optimal mix of skills required
- Identification of any skills gaps
- Scoping of intended product development
- Interaction with other design centres
- Reporting structures
- Preparation and distribution of employment contracts
- Employee compensation and benefit schemes
- Training assessment and programme delivery
- Succession planning
- Defining key building requirements
- Liaison with local real estate agents
- Freehold/leased/managed-services office option costing
- Analysis of transport links
- Health and safety regulatory compliance
- Identifying potential for expansion at site locations
- Presentation of shortlist properties
Finance and Legal
- Establishing contact with the local Chamber of Commerce
- Outlining required administrative procedures for company registration
- Identifying potential Inward Investment Agency support
- Establishing local representation for guidance on local labour laws
- Identifying potential R&D funding opportunities, regional and national
Intelligence, formed through our industry knowledge and extensive research, is part of due process in most aspects of our service. For clients who require this insight to help inform their own decisions, we can provide comprehensive, tailored reports to help drive broader decision making.
This can include competitive organisation charts, high level competitor product roadmaps, regional technical and commercial centres, staff profiling and anything else of importance. This critical knowledge helps our clients transition from early-stage technology disruptors to commercially robust and scalable ventures.